Timkat Festival Tour 10 Days – Tours in Ethiopia to Feast Ethiopian Timket
On this Timkat Festival Tour 10 Days program you will visit almost all the major historic attractions of the country Bahirdar, Axum, Lalibela, Simien Mountain National Park and Gondar.
You will start the tour from the ancient center of civilization in Axum; the legend tells the arcs of the covenant were kept at first. Here you will visit the standing steals, ruins of Queen Sheba palace, and the archaeological sites for the tomb of emperors.
Traveling to Gondar to celebrate Ethiopian timket festival (Epiphany) inside the Fasil Bath.
The next destination for your visit will be Lalibela for the 12th Century single rock-hewn churches which are rates as eighth wonders of the world.
The main goal of the Timkat festival tour 10 Days is to witness the famous and colorfully celebrated Timket (Epiphany) religious festival in the town of Gondar (African Camelot). The Ethiopian Orthodox church with its many ancient traditions and festivals has had a significant influence on the country’s way of life for centuries. In Gondar, the Timket festival celebrated with colorful processions and you witnessed at the Fasil bath closely, this will be a unique and memorable experience.
One of your visits includes the dramatic mountain terrain of the Simien National Park and the picturesque setting of Lake Tana with a boat excursion to visit the old aged monasteries inside the islands of the lake.
Day 1: Arrive Addis Ababa
• Meet and greet, get assisted for a transfer to your hotel.
• Sightseeing of Addis Ababa that includes; the National Museum, famous for hosting the Humanoid fossil “LUCY”, Ethnographic Museums, Trinity cathedral and Mercato. Overnight in Hotel
Day 2: Fly Addis Ababa-Axum
Morning gets transfer to Addis Ababa airport for your flight to Axum. On arrival check in to Hotel.
Preparation for sightseeing today’s visit includes:
• The archeological sites and the famous stele park.
• St’ Mary of Tsion (Zion) Church the final resting place of the Ark of the Covenant.
• The ruined palace of the Queen of Sheba (9th Century BC).
• Excursion to Yeha Temple the oldest surviving building in sub-Saharan Africa from the 5th century BC. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 3: Fly Axum to Lalibela
Morning gets transfer to Axum airport for a flight to Lalibela.
• Pick up from Lalibela airport and transfer to your hotel and preparation for sightseeing in the afternoon.
• Visit the Amazing rock-hewn churches of Lalibela rated as the eighth wonder of the world to see amazing architectural designs. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 4: Lalibela full day sight seeing
• Morning short drive to visit the surrounding rock churches and one of the monasteries outside Lalibela.
• Visiting local Amhara people’s village.
• Afternoon visits the second groups of monolithic rock-hewn churches (Bete Emanuel and George churches).
• Evening you will attend the traditional coffee ceremony with Ethiopian hospitality. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 5: Fly Lalibela to Gondar- Attend Timket Festival in Gondar
• Morning, transfer to Lalibela airport for the flight to Gondar. On arrival check in to Hotel and short time preparation for a drive to Gondar Fasiledes bath, where timket or baptism takes place on a big water pool.
• At the end of the festival celebration drive to visit the 17th-century Royal enclosure this is UNESCO world heritage site. Evening walks around the city. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 6: Drive Gondar to Simien Mountains and then back to Gondar
• The morning after Breakfast starts driving to Sankaber for your full day excursion to the Simien Mountains.
• Driving from Gondar up to Simien Mountains National Park, nothing prepares you for the spectacular scenery that waits at the top of the massif.
• Inside the park, you will see troops of bleeding heart endemic Chilada baboon on a close up view for photographing. Then drive back to Debark for the night. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge
Day 7: Drive back to Gondar- Visit the remaining sights in Gondar
• Morning drive back to Gondar and en-route you will visit Weleka (Falasha) villages – for Ethio-Israel peoples which is known for their pottery making.
• On arrival in Gondar have a Visit to one of the oldest church Debre Birhan Selassie for its murals. And Qusquam complex. Overnight in Hotel
Day 8: Drive Gondar to Bahirdar
• Morning drives to Bahirdar through the beautiful countryside scenery of Fogera and Gojam to arrive at Bahirdar around lunchtime.
• Afternoon, have a boat trip on Lake Tana to visit the Monasteries on the islands of Lake Tana. Over Night in Hotel.
Day 9: Bahirdar full day sightseeing
• Morning , drive some 35 km to visit the majestic Blue Nile Falls which is one of the most spectacular waterfalls in Africa with a smoking waterfall. Walking to the fall through the beautiful river gorge and meet the local people, experience their way of life and visiting their villages. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 10: Fly Bahir dar- Addis Ababa to complete Timkat Festival Tour 10 Days. Then Departure
Morning fly back to Addis Ababa
• The rest of the day at leisure or free for shopping.
• Evening you will be our guest for a farewell dinner with Ethiopian foods and traditional dance . Evening Departure
……………..End of the Timkat Festival Tour 10 Days arrangement ……………