Simien Mountain Trekking 9 Days Tour in Ethiopia to Hike Simien Mountain
Simien Mountain Trekking 9 Days will take you to the Simien mountain summits above 4000 meters and to the highest point in Ethiopia, Ras Dejen, at 4620 meters, the fourth highest mountain in Africa.
Short hike inside the Simien mountain national park to see the endemic animals and plants.
The Simien Mountain National Park are one of the most interesting natural environment in terms of variety of wildlife, scenery, and spectacular landscapes. It is one of the UNESCO registered natural World Heritage Sites.
The Simien Mountain NP is a home to the endemic mammals of Walia Ibex, Semien Fox, Gelada Baboons, a wide variety of bird species and floras like Giant Lobelia.
Trekking simien mountains Ethiopia for 11 days to have an extra hiking experience.
Day 1: Arrival In Addis Ababa-
• Meet and greet by our representative at the airport and get Transferred to the hotel. If your arrival is on a day time you will have a city tour. Overnight in Hotel
Day 2: Fly to Gondar to start the Simien Mountain Trekking 9 Days then Proceed to Sankaber
• Morning fly to Gondar and our representative will meet you meets and picks you from Gondar airport and drive to Debark- Sankaber (3250 m). Overnight in Hotel / Lodge
Day 3: Trek Sankaber to Gich (3600 m)
• Today we arrange all the trekking staff with mules and Muleteers for packing and transport of camping gears and all foodstuffs for the trek. It is this day that we start trekking in the national park. We walk from Sankaber to Geech, which will take between 5 – 6 hours. After about 1 and half hours walk we see the Jinnbar River and falls, we will cross the river later in the day. After crossing the river, we ascend for about two hours to Geech, which is full of Giant Lobelias. Camping
Day 4: Trek Gich to Chennek (3620 m)
• This is probably the most spectacular stage of the whole trekking, offering stunning views all the way. Today we walk for almost 8 hours to cover 12 km, including a short detour to Imet Gogo (3925 m). This summit offers the most exciting views. The majestical lammergeyer might soar the skies in front of us and the endemic thick-billed raven will be present. On our way to Chennek, we pass some other major peaks (Inataye reaching 4070 meters) and a deep valley. Chennek is abundant with the giant lobelia and the best place to spot the endemic and endangered Walia ibex. Not seldom they walk into the camp. Camping
Day 5: Trek Chennek to Ambiko (3200 m)
• Today is for sure the most challenging day. First, we hike up the Bwahit Pass (4200 m) and later we will reach the bottom of the valley of the Mesheha River (2800 m) before we reach Ambiko. The 14 km we cover today will take at least 7 hours walking. Weather permitting we will be rewarded with at least the first glimpse of Ras Dashen (4533 m). Around Bwahit is an excellent area to find the Ethiopian wolf.
• Our chef will prepare another great meal with very limited means and like the other evenings, we lit a campfire to keep us warm. But we will sleep early as we start tomorrow well before sunrise. Camping
Day 6: Trek to Ambiko
• The roof of Ethiopia is the goal for the day. Ras Dashen (4533 m) is roughly a mere 5 hours/ 8 km away, its all the way up to the top. The view from to top might not be as stunning as at other places in Simien (Imet Gogo) but you made it! Yes! Walking back to Ambiko takes about 3-5 hours. Camping
Day 7: Trek back Ambiko to Chenek
• With the reward, you bagged the summit we are heading back into the known area. There are several ways to do it. The easiest way is to walk about 4 hours to the village of Chiro Leba where a 4WD vehicle can pick you and drive you out to Debark (or even Gondar the same day). But you came to enjoy the Simien Mountains, right? Then this day we continue to Chennek and pitch our tents again in between the giant lobelias. Camping
Day 8: Chenek – Gondar
• Drive from Chenek to Gonder as soon as you get ready to leave, it takes about five hours driving via Debark till Gondar. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 9: Fly back to Addis Ababa- Departure.
• On arrival in Addis, free shopping time and Evening farewell dinner. Evening Departure
………….End of the Simien Mountain Trekking 9 Days Tour ………………
FAQS – Why visiting the Simien mountain national park is exciting?
If you have, a plant to Travel to Ethiopia Simien mountains national park will have an extra hiking experience for you. Any travelers to Simien will trek Ras Dashen, the second highest mountain in Africa and will see the endemic wild animals like Walia Ibex, Chilada baboons and red fox even more.