Meskel Festival Tour 9 Days
Meskel Festival Tour 9 Days
Visit Ethiopia to Celebrate Meskel Festival
Ethiopia Meskel Festival Tour 9 Days itinerary covers all the main historic heritage sites plus a celebrating Ethiopian Meskel (Finding of the true Cross) in Addis Ababa. The Meskel celebration includes the burning of a large bonfire, or Demera, which you will be able to witness in close-up
The Ethiopian Orthodox church is the prior religion adopted has various extraordinary traditions and festivals retain for long centuries within the peoples.
Attend Finding of the true cross festival in Addis Ababa Meskel square with a lot of peoples gathered from each corners of the country.
The tour program covers the remarkable 12th-century rock-hewn churches of Lalibela which is rated as Eighth Wonder of the World. The history of Ethiopia’s stretches back nearly 3000 years before from the civilization of Axum, where the legends of the Queen of Sheba and the lost Arc of the Covenant are famous. The 17th-century castles and palaces of Gonder also named as Africa’s Camelot are also included with a short excursion trip to Simien Mountain National Park. The park is home to some endemic mammals like Gelada baboon, the Simien fox, and the Walia ibex. The boat trip on Lake Tana for a visit to the island medieval monasteries for their incredibly preserved religious mural and wall paintings.
Attend the celebration of Timket festival in Ethiopia at the Fasil bath Gondar.
Day 1- Arrive in Addis Ababa- Sightseeing
• On arrival mate by our representative at the airport and get transferred to the Hotel.
• Sightseeing of Addis Ababa that includes; the National Museum, famous for hosting the Humanoid fossil “LUCY”, Ethnographic Museums, Trinity cathedral and Mercato. Overnight in Hotel
Day 2: Fly Addis to Bahir Dar- Sightseeing
• Morning fly to Bahar Dar on arrival our representative will meet you and get transferred to the Hotel .Preparation for sightseeing.
• Today’s sightseeing includes a boat trip on Lake Tana to visit ancient monasteries of Ura Kidane Mehret and Azwa Maryam.
• Afternoon excursion drives to visit the magnificent Blue Nile waterfall, locally known as Tis Isat or ‘Smoke of Fire’. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 3: Drive to Gondar and sightseeing
• Morning drives from Bahir Dar to Gondar some 180 km over wide grazing land with local farmlands.
• On arrival sightseeing in Gondar including- a visit to the royal enclosure a World Heritage site , Fasiledes Bath and the Church of Debre Berhan Selassie for its unique murals. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 4: Excursion drive to Simien Mountains NP
• Morning, drive some 120 km to the Simien Mountain NP for beautiful and unspoiled mountain wilderness.
• Short excursion inside the park for endemic fauna and floras including 50 different birds species and Gelada baboons, etc.
• Then drive back to Gondar for an overnight stay. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 5: Fly Gondar to Axum.
On arrival in Axum get transferred to the hotel to drop your luggage’s and preparation for sightseeing.
This day visit includes:
• The archeological sites and the famous stele park.
• St’ Mary of Tsion (Zion) Church the final resting place of the Ark of the Covenant.
• The ruined palace of the Queen of Sheba (9th Century BC).
• Excursion to Yeha Temple the oldest surviving building in sub-Saharan Africa from the 5th century BC. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 6: Fly Axum to Lalibela
• Morning gets transferred to Axum airport for a flight to Lalibela.
• Pick up from Lalibela airport and transfer to your hotel and preparation for sightseeing in the afternoon.
• Visit the Amazing rock-hewn churches of Lalibela rated as the eighth wonder of the world to see amazing architectural designs. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 7: Full day sightseeing in Lalibela
• Morning short drive to visit the surrounding rock churches and one of the monasteries outside Lalibela.
• Visiting local Amhara people’s village.
• Afternoon visits the second groups of monolithic rock-hewn churches (Bete Emanuel and George churches).
• Evening you will attend the traditional coffee ceremony with Ethiopian hospitality. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 8: Fly Lalibela to Addis Ababa to attend Meskel Festival Tour 9 Days
• Morning gets transferred to Lalibela Airport for a flight to the capital city, Addis Ababa.
• Preparation for a short drive to mount Entoto located at the altitude of 3, 200 meters ASL and for the top, you will have a panoramic view of Addis Ababa.
• Visit Entoto Museum, Menelik II palace and st. Mery Church. Then back to Addis for a night. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 9: Attend the Meskel Festival in Addis Ababa.
• The morning after Breakfast you will have free walks in the main streets to exploring the city life.
• Afternoon attends the Meskel Festival celebration; the colorful festival of the Orthodox Christians celebrated to commemorate the finding of the true cross at Meskel square.
• Evening farewell traditional dinner with the folkloric dance and cultural meals. Departure.
………….End of Meskel Festival Tour 9 Days arrangement ……………