Historic Tours of Ethiopia 9 Days
Ethiopia Historic tour for visiting the stales of Axum, rock churches of Lalibela and royal castles in Gondar
Historic tour 9 days to Ethiopia offers you a spectacular historic relic exposure. The country’s historic journey will take you to Bahirdar for Lake Tana island monasteries, the Simien Mountains excursion, visit monasteries murals & old aged wall paintings, the 17th c ancient castles and single rock-hewn churches in Lalibela. You will also meet the locals and get experience on their traditional village life, be welcomed into a private home to participate in a traditional coffee ceremony with Ethiopian hospitality.
Book you’re a 6 days short historical tour program by flight along with visiting Gondar tourist attractions.
Day 01: Arrival in Addis Ababa-Sightseeing
• Meet and greet, get assisted for a transfer to your hotel.
• Sightseeing of Addis Ababa that includes; the National Museum, famous for hosting the Humanoid fossil “LUCY”, Ethnographic Museums, Trinity cathedral and Mercato. Overnight in Hotel
Day 02: Fly Bahir dar and sightseeing
• Morning Fly to Bahir dar; transfer to your hotel. Preparation for city excursion.
• Excursion to visit the Blue Nile and Meet local people on their everyday activities.
• Afternoon, have a boat trip on Lake Tana to visit the Monasteries on the islands of Lake Tana. Over Night in Hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Gonder- Sightseeing
• After lunch sightseeing of Gonder; the 16th century Royal enclosure.
• Visit one of the old churches Debre Birhan Selassie. Over Night in Hotel.
Day 04: Drive to the Semien Mountains National Park.
• Enroute short stop at Walaka Falsha Village (Ethio-Israel citizens famous for pottery making)
• Simien Mountain situated about 122km from Gonder.
• Afternoon short hiking on the escarpment with spectacular mountain scenery and the endemic Gelada Baboon in. Overnight in Hotel / Lodge
Day 05: Drive to Axum
• Morning drive to Axum for overnight through spectacular mountain scenery, deep gorges, and rolling plains meeting the Amhara and Tigray farmers working in their field. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 06: Axum full day sightseeing
This day visit includes:
• The archeological sites and the famous stele park.
• St’ Mary of Tsion (Zion) Church the final resting place of the Ark of the Covenant.
• The ruined palace of the Queen of Sheba (9th Century BC).
• Excursion to Yeha Temple the oldest surviving building in sub-Saharan Africa from the 5th century BC. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 07: Fly Axum to Lalibela
• Morning gets transfer to Axum airport for a flight to Lalibela.
• Pick up from Lalibela airport and transfer to your hotel and preparation for sightseeing in the afternoon.
• Visit the Amazing rock-hewn churches of Lalibela rated as the eighth wonder of the world to see amazing architectural designs. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 08: Lalibela full day sight seeing
• Morning short drive to visit the surrounding rock churches and one of the monasteries outside Lalibela.
• Visiting local Amhara people’s village.
• Afternoon visits the second groups of monolithic rock-hewn churches (Bete Emanuel and George churches).
• Evening you will attend the traditional coffee ceremony with Ethiopian hospitality. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 09: Fly back to Addis Ababa – Departure
• Morning fly back to Addis Ababa
• The rest of the day at leisure or free for shopping.
• Evening you will be our guest for a farewell dinner with Ethiopian foods and traditional dance. Departure
…………………end of the Historic Tour 9 Days tour arrangement…………….