Tour Historic Route of Ethiopia 6 Days
Historic Tour 6 Days will take you to Ethiopia sites highly known in ancient civilization dates back to 3000 years.
Ethiopia vacation to visit the historic route by flying from Addis Ababa with Ethiopian airlines.
Ethiopia can be considered one of the first Christian states. From that time on, Christianity has become a major component of Ethiopian culture, up to date. The program will show you exactly the most glorious past of this country history by visiting the monolithic rock-hewn churches of Lalibela and the stales and the churches of Axum. The boat trip on Lake Tana is also part of the excursion to visit the old aged island monasteries on the lake. A visit to the royal enclosure or palaces of Gondar signifies it was one of the oldest residences of the Ethiopian emperors.
A 9 days historic route tour to visit Axum tourist site and the yeha temple.
Day 01: Arrival in Addis Ababa
Meet and greet, get assisted for a transfer to your hotel.
Sightseeing of Addis Ababa that includes; the National Museum, famous for hosting the Humanoid fossil “LUCY”, Ethnographic Museums, Trinity cathedral and the biggest open market in Africa,Mercato. Overnight in Hotel
Day 02: Fly to Bahir dar and sightseeing
• Morning Fly to Bahir dar; transfer to your hotel. Preparation for city excursion.
• Excursion to visit the Blue Nile and Meet local people on their everyday activities.
• Afternoon, have a boat trip on Lake Tana to visit the Monasteries on the islands of Lake Tana. Over Night in Hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Gonder- Sightseeing
• After lunch you will visit Gonder; the 16th century Royal enclosure
• Visit one of the old churches of Debre Birhan Selassie. Over Night in Hotel.
Day 04: Fly to Axum – sightseeing
Mornings fly Gondar to Axum and have sightseeing:
This day visit includes:
• The archeological sites and the famous stele park.
• St’ Mary of Tsion (Zion) Church the final resting place of the Ark of the Covenant.
• The ruined palace of the Queen of Sheba (9th Century BC).
• Excursion to Yeha Temple the oldest surviving building in sub-Saharan Africa from the 5th century BC. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 05: Fly Axum to Lalibela
• Morning gets transfer to Axum airport for a flight to Lalibela.
• Pick up from Lalibela airport and transfer to your hotel and preparation for sightseeing in the afternoon.
• Visit the two groups of rock-hewn churches of Lalibela rated as the eighth wonder of the world to see amazing architectural designs. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 06: Fly back to Addis Ababa to complete Ethiopia Historic Tour 6 Days. Then Departure
• Morning transferred to the airport for your fly back to Addis Ababa
• The rest of the day at leisure or free for shopping.
Evening you will be our guest for a farewell dinner with Ethiopian foods and traditional dance
…………..end of the Historic Tour 6 Days arrangement…………