Tour Historic Route of Ethiopia 14 Days
This grand Historic Tour 14 Days in Ethiopia covers all the main UNESCO registered world heritage sites and some of the most beautiful regions of northern Ethiopia. The remarkable 12th century rock hewn churches of Lalibela, rated as Eighth Wonder of the World. Ethiopia’s rich history dates back to over 3000 years in Axum, from the legends of the Queen of Sheba and the lost Arc of the Covenant were kept. And if your visit to Ethiopia is during the time of festivals you may attend the orthodox church famous festivals like Gena in Lalibela, Timket in Gondar and Hider Tsion in Axum ….and many more.
Tour to Lalibela with visiting the other Ethiopia historic attractions of Axum, Axum Tsion church and the Yeha temple
Also on this Historic Tour 14 Days program you will visit the extraordinary rock churches of the Eastern Tigray; the 17th century castles and palaces of Gonder, Africa’s Camelot and the old aged monasteries of Lake Tana, source of the Blue Nile.
Book your optional 11 days Lalibela tour from Addis Ababa.
Day 1: Arrival in Addis Ababa
• Meet and greet, get assisted for transfer. Spend the remaining day on leisure in preparation for 2 weeks journey. Overnight in Hotel
Day 2: Full day sightseeing in Addis Ababa
Today’s sightseeing of Addis Ababa includes:-
• the National Museum for the Humanoid fossil “LUCY”
• Ethnographic Museums, Trinity cathedral and the biggest openair market in Africa Mercato. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 3 : Morning fly to Bahirdar- sightseeing
• Pick up from Bahir dar airport and transfer to your hotel.
• preparation for Excursion to visit the Blue Nile Falls that takes you out of the city.
• Meet the local the Amhara People and visiting villages. Overnight in Hotel
Day 4: Bahirdar sightseeing- Proceed to Gondar for overnight.
• Morning boat trip on lake Tana to visit Monasteries on the islands of Lake Tana ( Ura Kidhane Mihret for an important collection of religious icons from the 16th to 18th c.
• Drive over land to Gonder for overnight. Overnight in Hotel
Day 5: Full day visit in Gondar
• Morning sightseeing of Gonder the “African Camelot”.
• Today’s visit includes Royal enclosure , Fasiledes pool, Qusqam complex and Debre Birhan Sellassie. Overnight in Hotel
Day 6: Drive to Simien Mountain National Park
• Morning drive to Debrak some 100 Kms and proceed to Simien Mountains 20 kms on gravel road.
• After lunch have a short time ( 2 to 3 hours) hiking on the escarpment with spectacular mountain scenery.
• See the endemic Gelada Baboon and photographing. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge
Day 7: Drive to Axum
• Morning drive to Axum alongside the Simien Mountains range with spectacular mountain scenery on a gravel road with leg stretch walk in between. Overnight in Hotel
Day 8: Axum sightseeing
• Morning you will have a city excursion in Axum.
• Today’s visit includes the archaeological sites, St’ Mary of Tsion (Zion) Church the final resting place of the Ark of the Covenant, The tomb of Kaleb. Overnight in Hotel
Day 9: Drive to Gerhalta Mountain Chains
• On the way visiting the Yeha Temple (5th Century BC) and Debre Damo Monastery (5th Century AD) at the top of the mountain and only accessed by using robe. Continue for overnight stay in Gerhalta. Overnight in Hotel
Day 10: Drive to Mekele
• On the way visit some of the most famous rock hewn churches of Tigray: Digum Sellasie, Abreha We Astbeha & Wukro Cherkos. Overnight in Hotel
Day 11: Drive to Lalibela
• Morning drive on beautiful mountain scenery on the way to Lalibela via Korem.
• Meet the local the Amhara people; see their way of harvesting, and village visit. Overnight in Hotel
Day 12: Sightseeing in Lalibela
• Morning short drive to visit the two groups of Lalibela churches.
Visit the Amazing rock hewn churches of Lalibela rated as the eighth wonder of the world by many authors.
• Evening traditional coffee ceremony. Overnight in Hotel
Day 13: Excursion to Lalibela surrounding rock churches
• Morning have a short drive to visit the surrounding rock churches and one of the monasteries outside Lalibela. Return drive to the hotel for overnight. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 14: Fly back to Addis Ababa- Departure
• On arrival in Addis get transfer to hotel for a day use room.
• The rest of the day at leisure or free for shopping.
• Evening before departure, you will be invited for a farewell dinner party. Departure
………..…..end of the Tour Historic Route of Ethiopia 14 Days arrangement……………