Historic Tour 11 Days
Historic Tours of Ethiopia 11 Days
Historic Tour 11 Days to visit the ancient historic attractions and sites. You will start the tour from the historic town of Bahir Dar in the North West with enjoying a boat trip on Lake Tana for old aged monasteries on the island. The island monasteries were known for their 14th century, grass-roofed churches with magnificent wall murals. You will also explore the splendid city of Gondar for the medieval castles and palaces and picturesque churches.
Ethiopia Historical Tour with boat trip to Lake Tana islands for visiting the old aged monasteries.
On the Historic tour 11 days you will take a break from history for a day guided excursion to Simien Mountains National Park. On your Simien mountain excursion, you will have the chance to see the exotic Gelada baboons with their bright red hourglass chest markings.
Part of your stunning exposure is to the famous eleven rock-hewn churches of Lalibela carved from a red basaltic rock; a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the eighth wonders of the world. Your guided tour group also takes you to the center of ancient civilization Axum, UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the holy city of Ethiopia.
Visit Bahir dar tourist attractions by travelling to Ethiopia for 14 days.
Day 1: Arrival in Addis Ababa
• meet and greet, get assisted for a transfer to your hotel.
• Sightseeing of Addis Ababa includes; the National Museum, famous for hosting the Humanoid fossil “LUCY”, Ethnographic Museums, Trinity cathedral and Mercato. Overnight in Hotel
Day 2: Fly Addis to Bahir dar and sightseeing
• Morning Fly to Bahir dar; transfer to your hotel. Preparation for city excursion.
• Excursion to visit the Blue Nile and Meet local people on their everyday activities.
• Afternoon, have a boat trip on Lake Tana to visit the Monasteries on the islands of Lake Tana. Over Night in Hotel.
Day 3: Drive to Gonder- Sightseeing
• Morning drives 180 km to Gondar .
• After lunch sightseeing of Gonder; the 16th century Royal enclosure
• Visit one of the old churches Debre Birhan Selassie. Over Night in Hotel.
Day 4: Drive to the Semien Mountains National Park- short hiking
• Drive some 122 km from Gonder, on the main tarmac road.
• The afternoon has a short hiking on the escarpment with spectacular mountain scenery and the endemic Gelada Baboon in. Overnight in Hotel / Lodge.
Day 5: Drive to Axum
• Morning drive to Axum for overnight through spectacular mountain scenery, deep gorges, and rolling plains meeting the Amhara and Tigray farmers working in their field. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 6: Axum Ful day sightseeing
This day visit includes:
• The archeological sites and the famous stele park.
• Visit St’ Mary of Tsion (Zion) Church the final resting place of the Ark of the Covenant.
• The ruined palace of the Queen of Sheba (9th Century BC).
• Excursion to Yeha Temple the of the 5th century BC. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 7: Drive Axum to Mekele
• En-route Visit famous rock churches of Tigray like Abreha we Atsebeha . Overnight in Hotel
Day 8: Drive Mekele to Lalibela
• Enjoy Beautiful mountain scenery
• Meet the Amhara people, house and village visit. Overnight inHotel
Day 9: Full day Lalibela Sightseeing
• Visit The Amazing rock churches of Lalibela rated as the eighth wonder of the world by many authors.
• Evening you will attend the traditional coffee ceremony with Ethiopian hospitality. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 10: Drive to Dessie
• Beautiful scenery and mountain range all along the way.
• Optional you can have a Boat trip on Lake Hayek for the 13th c monastery on the island. Overnight in Hotel
Day 11: Drive back to Addis Ababa
• Before Debre Sina, you can stop for the top view of the Great Rift Valley Depression. Then continue driving to Addis Ababa.
• Evening you will be our guest for a farewell dinner with Ethiopian foods and traditional dance
……………end of the Historic Tour 11 Days tour arrangement……………