Cultural Tours of Ethiopia 8 Days – Omo Valley Tours
This Cultural Omo Valley Tour 8 Days program to Southern Ethiopia’s to have a cultural exchange and local life experience on the Omo Valley dozen tribes with attending the actual day to day activities including a tour Mursi Ethiopia .
On your way from Addis Ababa, you will visit the standing stones archeological site and the only southern rock hewn church, Adadi Mariam.
Ethiopia Tour Package to have a cultural and natural visit on the omo valley led by cultural tour guides.
The proceed on an off-road drive to meet the colorful tribes the Mursi, the Karo, and Hamer tribes at Mago National park and Turmi respectively. The visits include attending their occasional events like (bull jumping ceremony and Evangadi dance) and their villages with taking photographs.
You will have also an excursion trip to Omorate with crossing the Omo river using local boats to meet the Dassenech people and to visit their villages.
Optional 11 days tour package to visit Ethiopia omo valley Surma tribe’s men
Day 1: Arrival in Addis Ababa.
• Meet and greet, get assisted for transfer to the hotel.
• Afternoon city tour in Addis Ababa. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 2: Drive to Arba Minch via Butajira
• Morning drives to see Tiya stelae field UNESCO registered world heritage site.
• Visit Adadi Mariam, the only southerly rock-hewn church.
• Meet the Gurage and Oromo people and visiting their villages
• You will have stops for photographing for the sights and locals en-route. Overnight in Hotel/Lodges
Day 3: Full day in Arba Minch.
• Drive to Dorze village for THURSDAY Chencha market.
• A game drive to Nech Sar National Park to see the endemic plants and animals inside the park.
• After lunch, Boat trip on Lake Chamo, birding and spotting hippos and crocodiles.
• Photographing for the sights, parks, and locals village. Overnight in Hotel/Lodges
Day 4: Drive to Jinka
• En route you will visit the Konso tribes and you will visit their ancient villages.
• Today you will also meet Tsemay and Ari tribes with visiting their villages. Overnight in Hotel/Resort
Day 5: Excursion to Mago NP then proceed to Turmi for overnight.
• Early start for an excursion tour to Mago national park.
• Visit the Mursi Tribes, their women are famous for Lip plates and men for ritual fighting with a stick.
• Meet the local tribes at Dimeka SATURDAY market (The Hammer, Karo, Tsemay, Banna, Bashada) and enough time for photographing. Stops for photographing
Day 6: Excursion to Omorate for the Dasenech tribe
• Turmi market (Thursday)
• Boating on the Omo River
• Visit Hamer tribe and their villages
• Tribal dance or Bull Jumping right, occasional and optional. Hotel/ Lodge
Back to the road and head to Awassa for overnight.
Day 07: Drive to Awassa
• Morning drive to Awassa with a detour for Dorze people and you will see the traditional weaving systems. Photographing.
• Back to the road and head to Awassa for overnight.
Day 8: Drive back to Addis Ababa
• Morning you will visit the fish market in Awassa with tasting fresh tilapia caught and roasted
• Proceed to the rift valley lakes of Abijata and Shalla for birding. A good spot for Birding photography.
• Continue driving to Addis Ababa for overnight.
———End of the Cultural Omo Valley Tour 8 Days tour arrangement———