Cultural Tours of Ethiopia 11 Days – Omo Valley Tours
Cultural Omo valley tour 11 days program in Southern Ethiopia’s will take you to the most colorful tribes of Omo Valley with wild nature and culture. Along on your way of the trip, you will enjoy encounters of the old age standing stones, terrains with various tribal groups along with excellent wildlife viewing inside the national parks.
The tours designed to suit several local market days to see most of the tribes together in the most colorful way than ever. Here if you enjoy taking photographs with the tribes the markets will be a fantastic spot for photo opportunities!
Ethiopia Cultural mosaic tour to the peoples of omo valley in the southern part of Ethiopia. Cheap a 10 days cultural tour to Ethiopia peoples of the Omo valley .
Day 1: Arrive in Addis Ababa
• Meet and greet, get assisted for a transfer. Hotel
Day 2: City tour of Addis Ababa that includes; National Museum famous for housing the humanoid fossil Lucy, Trinity cathedral, ethnographic Museum, Entoto Mountain and Mercato, the largest and most vibrant market in Africa.
• At the end of today’s activities, you will be briefed about the cultural tour of Omo Valley. Overnight in Hotel
Day 3: Drive to Arba Minch via Hosanna
• Visit the Tiya standing stones UNESCO world heritage site.
• Visit Adadi Mariam church , the only southerly rock hewn church
• Meet and visit the Gurage and Oromo people and their villages. Overnight Hotel/ Lodge
Day 4: Full day in Arba Minch
• Boat crossing for Nech Sar National Park, spotting hippos and crocodiles. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge
Day 5: Drive Arba Minch to Jinka
• Meet Tsemay, Bana and Ari people and their villages.
• If today is a market day at Key Afer attends the most colorful market in the Omo Valley region. Overnight in Hotel/ Resort Hotel
Day 6: Excursion to Mago NP
• Meet the Mursi Tribes their women are famous for the plate worn on their lip.
• Ride back to Jinka then continue driving to Turmi via Dimeka and meet Ari and Bana People. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge
Day 7: Drive to Kangaten crossing Omo River by boat to visit the Nyangatom
• On a return drive stop at Murulle for lunch then proceed to Visit the Karo tribes. Afterward, drive back to Turmi. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge
Day 8: Full day visit in Turmi
• Boat Excursion to Omorate for the Dasenech tribe.
• Attend the Turmi market if the day falls on (Thursday)
• Meet and visit the Hamer tribe and their villages.
• Attend the occasional and optional Tribal dance or Bull Jumping. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge
Day 9: Drive back to Konso and make a detour to Yabello.
• Visiting on the way Erbore and Konso tribes. Some 25km before today’s destination you will visit Singing Well, the age-old technique of watering cattle by the Borena tribe. Overnight in Motel
Day 10: Drive Yabello to Yirgalem
• Yirgalem is located in a serene environment in the center of the Sidama village and place of large coffee farms. Overnight in Lodge
Day 11: Drive to Addis Ababa with a short stop at Awassa
• Morning drives back to Addis Abab with a short stop at Lake Awassa and Rift valley lakes.
• Evening Ethiopian traditional night before a drop off at the airport for international departure. Departure
———End of the Cultural Omo Valley Tour 11 Days tour arrangement———