Cultural Tours of Ethiopia 10 Days – Omo Valley Tours
Cultural Omo valley tour 10 Days are among comprehensive Ethiopia cultural tours to visit the Southern Ethiopia’s most beautiful cultural site of Omo Valley is a home to dozen small and distinctive tribal groups.
Ethiopia omo valley photographing tour along with attending cultural tribal dances of the Hamer people
You will encounter many of the tribes on your day to day trip including the Karo, the Mursi and the Hamer tribes with their own unique customs and traditions. On this off road trip, you will explore the stunning National Parks for the endemic animals, picturesque tribal villages and the most colorful local markets. You will be a witness for the age-old customs, traditions, and practices that remain part of everyday life in the Omo valley. Among them, bull jumping ceremony and Evangadi dance are the main ones.
If you need an 8 days cultural tour package, this can be an optional program to visit Ethiopia lower omo valley tribes.
Day 1: Arrive in Addis Ababa
• meet and greet, get assisted for a transfer. Overnight in Hotel
Day 2: Addis Ababa full day sightseeing:
• The visit includes; National Museum famous for housing the humanoid fossil Lucy, Trinity cathedral, ethnographic Museum, Entoto Mountain and Mercato, the largest and most vibrant market in Africa. Overnight in Hotel
Day 3: Drive Addis to Arba Minch
• Visit Tiya standing stelae field UNESCO world heritage site
• Visit Adadi Mariam rock church , the only southerly located rock-hewn church.
• Meet the Gurage and Oromo people and their villages. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge.
Day 4: Full day in Arba Minch
• Boat crossing to Nech Sar National for birding, spotting hippos and crocodiles. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge
Day 5: Drive Arba Minch to Jinka
• En-route meet and visit Tsemay, Bana and Ari people and their village
• If today is a market day visit the colorful market at Key Afer and you will meet Tsemay, Bana, Ari, Basheda etc. Overnight in Hotel/ Resort Hotel
Day 6: Excursion to Mago NP for Mursi tribes
• Inside the park meet and visit Mursi Tribe, their women are famous for Lip plates.
• Drive back to Jinka and continue to Turmi via Dimeka on the way meet the Ari and Bana People. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge
Day 7: Drive to Kangaten to visit the Nyangatom after crossing the Omo River.
• On the return, drive stops at Murulle have a picnic lunch then proceed to Korcho to Visit the Karo, a famous on body decoration. Afterward, drive back to Turmi. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge
Day 8: Full day visit in Turmi
• Excursion to Omorate after crossing the Omo River for the Dasenech tribe
• Attend the local market at Turmi if the day falls on (Thursday)
• Meet the Hamer tribe and visiting their villages
• Attend the occasional and optional events Tribal dance or Bull Jumping. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge
Day 9: Drive Turmi to Awassa
• Morning drive to the town of Awassa with a detour for Dorze people, see the traditional weaving systems.
• Back to the road and head to Awassa for overnight. Overnight in Hotel/ Resort
Day 10: Drive back to Addis Ababa
• Morning visits the fish market in Awassa.
• Proceed to the rift valley lakes of Abijata and Shalla for birding. A good spot for Birding photography.
• Continue driving to Addis Ababa.
———End of the Cultural Omo Valley tour 10 days arrangement———