Combination Tour 20 Days -Ethiopia Travel and Tours to Gondar & Lalibela
(Northern Ethiopia Historic and Southern Ethiopia Cultural Route)
Combination Tour 20 Days tour program will take you to the southern Ethiopia, to meet the tribes like Mursi for lip stretching girls, hammer & caro people to admire their colorful body paintings; also you will visit their village and to attending their occasional events like bull jumping & evangadi dance.
Ethiopia Cultural Tour combined with visiting historical Tourist attractions in Ethiopia.
The historic part will move you to the UNESCO world heritage sites via the Nile gorge, the ancient civilization centers like Axum for stale, Lalibela rock-hewn churches & Gondar for the castles. This route will have a gift for you to know the full history and legend of Ethiopia.
Alternatively, you can order an 11 days Ethiopia cultural tour with bale mountains Ethiopia trekking
Day 1: Arrival in Addis Ababa and Sightseeing
- Sightseeing of Addis Ababa includes; the National Museum, famous for hosting the Humanoid fossil “LUCY”, Ethnographic Museums, Trinity cathedral and Mercato, the largest open air market in Africa. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 2: Drive Addis to Sodo
- Enroute visit the most southerly rock church Adadi Mariam and Tiya stale). Leave Melka culture b/s similar with Tiya steles. O/n in Hotel at Sodo
Day 3: Drive sodo to Arba Minch.
- On the away Meet Dorza peoples and visit their tukul villages to see the traditional weaving system to prepare a cotton made clothes . Overnight in Hotel/ Lodges
Day 4: Full day Arba Minch sightseeing.
- Boat crossing to Nechi-sar national park b/c Nechi-sar is not accessible on the surface drive. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge
Day 5: Drive to Jinka
If this day falls on local market days attend Saturday market and proceed to Mago national park, visit Mursi. Back to Jinka for overnight. Overnight in Hotel/ Resort
Day 6: Drive to Turmi
- Visit surrounding tribes and the most colorful (Hamer) people.
- Attend the occasional and optional events bull jumping and evangadi dance. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge.
Day 7: Drive to Arba Minch
- Morning drive from Turmi to Arba Minch on the way attends the colorful Monday market at Dimeka and proceeds to Konso. Upon time Visit Konso Village. Overnight in Hotel/ Lodge
Day 8: Drive Arba Minch to Lake Langano via the town of Awassa. Langano is a great spot for birders and weekenders from Addis. Overnight in Hotel / Lodge
Day 9: Visiting Lake Langano surrounding. Evening sunset on the lake side of the hotel.
Overnight in Lodge
Day 10: Drive Langano to Addis Ababa- Fly Bahirdar
- Morning drive back to Addis Ababa and Afternoon fly to Bahirdar On arrival meet your vehicle at the airport and check-in to your hotel. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 11: Full day Bahir dar sightseeing
Morning excursion drives to visit the Blue Nile fall and Meet local people on their everyday activities.
Afternoon, have a boat trip on Lake Tana to visit the Monasteries on the islands of Lake Tana. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 12: Drive to Gonder- Sightseeing
Morning, drive some 180 km to Gondar. On arrival check in to the hotel.
Afternoon sightseeing of Gonder; the 16th century Royal enclosure
Visit one of the old churches Debre Birhan Selassie and Qusquam complex. Overnight in Hotel
Day 13: Drive to Debark and then to Simien Mountain National Park.
On arrival at the HQ of Simien Mountains NP process entrance and have short sightseeing inside Simien mountain National park. Then back to Debark for overnight. Overnight in Hotel / Lodge.
Day 14: Long Drive to Axum with admiring the mountain chain. Overnight in Hotel
Day 15 Full day Axum sightseeing
This day visit includes:
The archeological sites and the famous stele park.
St’ Mary of Tsion (Zion) Church resting place of the Ark of the Covenant.
The ruined palace of the Queen of Sheba (9th Century BC).
Excursion to Yeha Temple the oldest surviving building in sub-Saharan Africa from the 5th century BC. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 16: Drive to Mekele
Morning drive to Mekele on the way visit the Tigray rock-hewn churches like Wukro cherkos. Overnight in Hotel
Day 17: Drive Mekele to Lalibela with the rift valley mountain chains. Overnight in Hotel
Day 18: Full day sightseeing in Lalibela
- This day visits the first and second group of rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, rates as wonders of the world. Overnight in Hotel
Day 19: Excursion to Lalibela surrounding rock churches
Morning has a short drive to visit the surrounding rock churches and one of the monasteries outside Lalibela. Evening you can attend the traditional coffee ceremony with Ethiopian hospitality. Overnight in Hotel
Day 20: Fly back Lalibela to Addis to endup the Combination Tour 20 Days.Then Departure
Morning gets a transfer to Lalibela airport for your flight back to Addis.
Afternoon free leisure or optional shopping time. Evening traditional night with folkloric dance and local meals. Departure
………………End of the Combination Tour 20 Days Arrangement…………